List of Commissioners
- Kris Lacy
- “I have called Union County Indiana home most of my life. Graduated High School from Union County and received a B.S. in Business from Indiana University East. I have been in the banking industry for over 18 years and work at Wayne Bank and Trust.
I married my high school sweetheart Laura. I enjoy helping the Junction in West College Corner a not for profit organization. I have been an elder at College Corner Presbyterian Church and treasure for College Corner Community Club.”
- Daniel Hubbard
- Vice President
- Dan Hubbard, a 1980 graduate of Union County High School, received his Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Indiana University. He works as a Certified Public Accountant with his wife Mae Hubbard in their accounting firm in downtown Liberty.
Dan has been involved in various community activities since moving back to this community. 4-H Extension Board, Founders Day committee, Music Boosters, Historical Society, State Representative Tom Knollman’s Treasurer and Masonic lodge to name a few.
Dan and Mae are proud parents of Steven, a graduate of Wabash College who works in the family’s accounting office. Steven is currently treasurer of Union County’s Adopt-a-Dog organization. Lisa Hubbard is a graduate of the Rochester Institute of Technology and owns and operates “Elisa Hubbard Studios” in Liberty. Their youngest child, Gayle is a graduate of Washington and Lee University and Cornell Law School. Currently she is serving as a JAG officer for the Air Force stationed at McConnell AFB in Wichita, Kansas.
Having been raised in Liberty, Dan believes in working to promote Liberty and Union County for others interested in living and working in this community. Dan has been a part of Union County’s proud history and wants to contribute to a strong future.
- Melanie Caldwell
- Melanie Caldwell, an active community volunteer, helps in managing the family farm with her husband, Thomas Caldwell. She is a graduate of Purdue University where she received the Master of Science in Industrial Relations and Bachelor of Science in Sociology. She is a regional trustee of Ivy Tech Community College in Richmond, Indiana and a director of the Fayette Regional Health System Foundation. She has served with the Union County Foundation, Union County/College Corner Joint School District and Union County High School Athletic Boosters. Before returning to Indiana in 1998, she was a human resources executive at companies in Illinois and Connecticut. She and her husband are the parents of two sons, Kenneth a 2009 U.S. Naval Academy graduate and Patrick a graduate of Purdue University.
- Jim Tilton
- James and Ethel Tilton have assumed the responsibilities of working and overseeing Showalter Blackwell Long Funeral Homes, Fosdick Chapel in Liberty and Baker Chapel in College Corner. The Tiltons moved into the apartment above the funeral home in Liberty in April 2013, and are happy to be part of the community and making new friends.
Jim has worked in funeral service for about twenty years and has been a licensed Indiana Embalmer/Funeral Director for seventeen years. He has worked in funeral homes in Wayne and Henry County; worked his own mortuary service; and served as Deputy Coroner in Henry County. He is a member of the National Funeral Directors Association, Indiana Funeral Directors Association, and the Indiana State Coroner’s Association.
Jim was born and raised a country farm boy near East Liverpool, Ohio, and Ethel grew up on the family dairy farm near Hookstown, Pennsylvania. They were married in 1972 and are the parents of Melissa (husband Tom) Crawley of Cincinnati area and Jim (wife Crystal) Tilton II of Brookville area. They are also blessed with two wonderful grandchildren, Lia Jing Crawley and Wyatt James Tilton, with whom they love to spend time.
- Dennis Estridge
- “I have been a resident of West College Corner and Union County since 1952. I’m a 1966 graduate of College Corner High School. I’m also a US Army veteran of Vietnam. I have been married to my wife Mickey almost 47 years. We have 2 daughters and 4 grandchildren.
In March of 2008 I retired from the US Postal Service after more than 32 years of service and I now work part time for the city of Oxford, Ohio. I’ve been on West College Corner town council almost 6 years and I’m on the area plan & the zoning appeals boards. In addition, I’m also a member of the College Corner Community Club and help run the ballpark and concession stand.”
- Diana Bourne
- “I have been in the insurance industry 30 years. I have been associated with RMD/Patti Insurance since the opening of our Liberty office in August 2006. I am a born and raised Union County, Indiana native and have raised three children all of whom continue to make Union County their home. My son, Andrew, recently joined me in the insurance business and is now working at the RMD/Patti Liberty office. My daughter, Ashley, is married to Mike Reister and they are both teachers in the Union County School Corporation. They have two sons, Grady and Garrett. My youngest son, Austin, is a student at Wilmington College in Wilmington Ohio majoring in Agronomy with a minor in Ag Business.
My focus and my interests have always been on Union County. I have been on numerous committees for the development and growth of our community; I have been involved on several school improvement committees; and continue to be involved in Union County High School Athletics; and the Union County Development Corporation. I have completed a wide range of continuing education courses within the insurance industry and my focus at RMD/Patti Liberty office is also wide range. We specialize and write personal accounts; commercial accounts; farms and agribusiness accounts; life and health insurance. In my spare time, you might find me at a local sporting event; playing golf; or just taking a walk around town.”
- Marc Ross
- Marc is the owner of R & M Outdoor in Liberty.